Our Story


"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." 1 Cor. 6:19

Our Personal Experiences with Essential Oils 

When I first used essential oils, I tried several different brands that were available from my local health food stores, grocery stores, amazon etc.  It always seemed that after I tried a few drops for a recipe I would get a headache so I stopped using it and never finished the bottle. One year after cleaning out my bathroom cabinet I found three bottles of practically unused essential oils!  I actually got no benefit from them whatsoever. Literally.  I might as well have just flushed the money I spent on them!  I was later introduced to Melaleuca essential oil through another multi-level marketing company that used it as the primary ingredient in all their products. This seemed to have worked for a while until I learned their oil was adulterated so I eventually gave up on the whole idea of using essential oils. But a dear friend convinced us to give it another try.

Years later a dear friend convinced us to give essential oils another try and that was when we were introduced to Young Living's Thieves!  Thieves was hands down the oil that got me hooked. This oil today is a big superhero in our house. It has so many great immune supporting properties. We diffuse it, wear it on our feet, take it in a capsule when needed and put it on our toothpaste almost every night. 

After being blown away by Thieves I began to do some more research in general on essential oils. I was initially quite ignorant and even somewhat skeptical of them, but after my experiences with DiGize and Thieves and already having an awareness of all the junk in our foods, medicines, cleaning products and cosmetics I felt essential oils seemed like they could be a good fit for our family.  I was also very interested in looking for natural remedies to help keep our healthcare costs down. Little did I know how much these oils would change mine and my families lives!

I personally started just the way I always do by reading all the good, the bad and the ugly the internet had to offer, including plenty of scuttlebutt, too!   Sifting through all the information on both sides was something I am all too familiar with.   I have to admit during my initial research I was surprised by how many different blends of essential oils and manufacturers there were on the market!  

After months of researching, praying, asking lots and lots of questions, and it wasn't until I actually picked up the phone and started calling / interviewing different companies, that I confidently chose Young Living as our provider of essential oils.  The best decision ever! Like Thieves we quickly discovered so many other great oils that have become family favorites. Oils like Lavender, Peppermint, Stress Away, RC, Endoflex, Joy.... almost too many to name. Here are just a few of the ways our family has come to use Young Living essential oils in our daily routine:
  • in our hand cream 
  • in our bathroom freshener
  • in our toothpaste
  • in mouthwash
  • in laundry detergent
I learned firsthand that essential oils could be used for so much more than just a fragrance in products and they work well with the body.  I am very thankful my journey has led me to here!  


I often get asked.... "When there are several essential oil companies on the market, why Young Living Oils?"  
As a frugal-minded person, I’m always trying to get the most out of every one of my grocery dollars. At the same time, I don’t want to sacrifice quality when it comes to the health of my family. Here are several of my reasons...

QUALITY
Young Living is the oldest essential oil company in operation. It is one of the few, if not the only, company that exclusively controls specific essential oils from seed to seal with a full guarantee. It is also the only company that allows its members to work on their farms, learning first-hand about the harvesting process and Young Living's patent process of pure distillation of its oils, which is a very important step in purity.


INTEGRITY
Not only is Young Living a 20+ year old debt free company, its leader (Gary Young) is a pioneer in essential oils research with over 35 years of experience, study and scientific documentation on their essential oils for the benefits of anointing, deliverance, health, protection and preparedness. 

I also learned first hand that Young Living was a company of integrity, when after I completed my phone interviews with several essential oil providers and they were in fact the only company that could answer my questions satisfactorily. And despite ugly rumors on the internet I discovered that Young Living had actually grown over 150% in the last year!  Pays to go to the source for information.


SAFETY & EDUCATION
There's definitely a learning curve when it comes to using essential oils responsibly and my time is precious, so I found great comfort in relying on Young Living’s customer care. They’re available nearly around the clock via email, phone or online chat. I don’t have to rely on Google and sift through pages of possibly legit, possibly bogus information.   Plus I personally can’t say enough about all the care, support, knowledge and resources I get from the team of Young Livings consultants that sponsored my membership!  

As I mentioned earlier, prior to Young Living there were a few times when I bought essential oils from the local health store or online and I would use the essential oil a couple times for a recipe, then leave the bottle in my cabinet until it expired because it gave me a bad headache. Which means I basically wasted money!  


After joining Young Living I have been able to attend several ongoing educational classes (in person and online) which have helped me tremendously in learning more about these essential oils. Did you know that a 'pure' essential oil, stored under proper conditions, never expires?  None of the oils I have ordered to date have given me headaches, which I have since learned is a common symptom when exposed to an adulterated oil. On top of that, whenever I have a bottle of oil that I don't know how to use there is always a resource I can turn to, a plethora of recipes to pull from or someone I can personally ask. You are never alone on this journey with Young Living! 


COST & PRACTICALITY
Young Living offers some of the most affordable prices on the market.   I learned that as a wholesale member, I was able to save 24% off retail prices, I was not charged fees for being a wholesale member, and there was no monthly purchase requirement! This was very appealing because it meant I could buy what I needed, when I needed it, and nothing more!  

Because I was initially looking for natural remedies to save costs on our healthcare; with deductibles rising and coverage getting worse every year, I knew the most practicable way to do that was to introduce several essential oils into my family quickly instead of one at a time.  

There were several companies on the market that offered "starter kits" which would meet this need, but what I discovered after making several phone calls and internet searches and crunching the numbers, Young Living's Premium Kit turned out to be the best bang for my buck!    

Then a couple months after purchasing my Premium kit I found myself using several of these awesome essential oils (Peppermint, Lavender, Thieves, Valor, Stress-Away etc) every day.  I then found myself asking how could I purchase these oils on a budget?  That is when I learned about Young Living's autoship program from my sponsor! By buying these oils every month I was able to earn free shopping dollars that I could then use towards purchasing my oils and on top of that I qualified for the monthly promotions which allowed me to get even more FREE products each month!! 

OK, honestly,  I have been blown away by the monthly promotions! It is insane the amount of freebies this company offers every month.  For example just in October I received two free essential oils + a free diffuser (a retail value of $155) then in November I received five free essential oils, including both Frankincense and Sacred Frankincense plus an 8oz massage oil (a retail value of $250).  Crazy huh?? - Young Living has been such a blessing for my family!! 


My passion and purpose will now be to help more and more people who are interested in healthier, safer, natural remedies to get in touch with this amazing company and these phenomenal products.   

If you feel God's nudge, don't wait. Get started today by clicking here. I promise you won't regret it!




UPDATES

We just celebrated our one year anniversary! It has been fun looking back over the past year.  Here is a great post of our first week with Young Living's essential oils.  

*********************

This is our second year anniversary! Today I would like to add another *huge* benefit our family has gained by using Young Living... 

I am always looking for ways to improve my financial wellness, so I rarely turn down opportunities where I can earn a residual income.  This is optional, yet completely possible with Young Living.  After being a customer with Young Living for the past 1.5 years, I chose to start earning an income.  By my choosing to simply share with family and friends what these amazing YL oils have done for me, my husband and our children, I am now receiving "thank you" checks each month from the company. These checks have enabled me to contribute to our 'single' family income in some small way, while still being able to stay at home full time and home-school my kiddos (which is a full time NON-monetary job).  I have actually gotten to the point where my products are being paid for every month *without* me taking any money from our tight budget.  

I also love that I am able to support other small family owned businesses just by being a customer with Young Living.   A perfect example of this was last year when my friend's husband was out of work for almost 11 months.  She was the same dear friend that had convinced us two years ago to give essential oils another try!!  Let just say that was a very difficult year for them, but I knew that in some small way I was helping them out financially whenever I used bought my essential oils from Young Living every month, and that felt really good! ðŸ’•


Unfortunately some people see Young Living as some 'big multi-million dollar threat' with 'over priced' products, and what I have found and experienced has been exactly the opposite.  

Young Living is a debt-free, well established company.  It is composed of many smaller independently owned family businesses. It sells safe, top quality essential oils that work consistently every time, at competitively low prices.   For me and my family that's a win-win situation all the way around.


Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. 2 Cor. 7:1

Popular posts from this blog

What's Next?

Disclaimer & Affiliates